Front Desk Host
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a professional manner, informing guests of hotel's facilities at time of registration.
- Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests, issues and pro-actively resolve in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and hotel.
- Coordinate efficiently with other departments to fulfill guest special requests and complete tasks.
- Upkeep cleanliness of the lobby and work space at all times.
- Ensure sure uniform and personal appearance are clean, professional and in accordance with The Whitney Peak Hotel Grooming policy.
- College or University degree in Hospitality/Customer Service or experience in a guest services role preferred.
- Hospitality experience with a strong knowledge of Reno and the surrounding areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic manner while exhibiting professionalism and consistent enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills.
- Able to organize plan ahead and manage workload effectively.
- Ability to multitask effectively in an innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Experience using Opera/Micros preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office.