The Banquet Houseman’s main duties include set-up, cleaning and maintaining banquet functions on a daily basis following the standards of service set by management.
- Properly set, clean and maintain all function rooms, service corridors, storerooms and public function areas in a safe, accident-free manner.
- Complete final breakdown of function, by cleaning the room, and cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc.
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas. Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
As a Banquet Server you will ensure your uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets, welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation, speak with others using clear and professional language, support team to reach common goals, ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and reach overhead and below the knees, including bending